HOW TO APPLY
- Easy Apply Online: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3006425969/
- Email: Applicants should submit both a cover letter and a resume to Christine Dahlgren, email@example.com
The Genesis Foundation for Children seeks a collaborative and innovative Marketing and Development Manager (MDM) to manage the organization’s brand and marketing, as well as to fundraise and help cultivate external relationships and new supporters. The MDM will work closely with The Genesis Foundation team to convey the power of our mission and funded services to key stakeholders, expand our reach, create vibrant marketing and event collateral, manage and maintain CRM and email databases, and increase financial support via various fundraising strategies.
The MDM will be expected to represent The Genesis Foundation in a professional and ethical manner with all of our constituents, including Board Members, clinical/therapy program staff, patients and their families, volunteers, and donors.
Brand, Marketing &Communications:
- Develop and execute annual marketing/communication plan
- Manage all social media content, including campaigns, posts, and outreach with a goal of increasing followers and engagements
- Track property analytics
- Create strategic ad campaigns
- Promote Foundation events
- Manage Facebook account and respond to all messages
- Maintain and improve email marketing and email database
- Create monthly newsletter
- Create a drip strategy for new and longtime subscribers, patients, etc.
- Monitor and improve engagements, opens, and click rates
- Develop and manage strategic blog content to promote foundation services, patient narratives, thought leadership, and expertise related to rare diseases, disabilities, and genetic disorders.
- Design and/or oversee other traditional media/advertising opportunities such as Google Ad Grant, billboards, online banner ads, radio PSAs, newspaper ads, and promotional videos.
- Design event collateral including digital and printed materials using The Genesis Foundation’s style guide.
- Monitor and update The Genesis Foundation website. Serve as the primary point of contact for web and technical support.
- Write occasional press releases, pitches, and introductions for corporations and community groups.
- Contact media and coordinate for event coverage.
- Maintain brand standards and clear messaging for all channels of communication using style guide and brand manual, to be updated from time to time.
Fundraising & Finance Support:
- Plan and execute the mid-year and year-end appeals with senior management. Develop and achieve fundraising goals for each campaign relative to prior years’ totals.
- Collaborate with The Genesis Foundation team and Board of Directors to create new fundraising campaign initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff and leadership to create materials for major donors, including solicitations, letters, and acknowledgments.
- Maintain CRM and email databases, maximizing their content and use for efficient cultivation and messaging to our stakeholders. Generate donor and prospect reports as requested.
- Assist with obtaining pertinent clinical data, patient stories, and Board of Directors information for reporting and outreach.
- Support patient engagement, including outreach to create personal narratives for blog and social media.
- Serve as primary contact for clinical staff at Feingold Center and MotherToBaby, and therapeutic program grantees.
- Utilize data points, clinical thought leadership, patient stories, etc. for blog posts, social media, and fundraising campaigns.
- Respond to website inquiries for therapeutic programs and clinical support
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with 3-5+ years of related professional experience in non-profit marketing and communications and/or development.
- Strong graphic design skills and proven experience.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). HTML and Canva experience a plus.
- Experience with the following: website management (WordPress preferred), CRM database management experience, email management (e.g. Constant Contact, Mailchimp), social media for business, and related analytics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Google My Business), Google Ad Grants.
- Experience creating appeal campaigns and annual communications calendars.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be highly detail-oriented and comfortable working on multiple projects year-round while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work successfully within a small team as well as an independent self-starter.
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Employer 401k match
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 16 PTO days + all major federal holidays
- Free indoor garage parking at Boston office
- Free once-weekly staff lunch