Memorandum: Update to the Board of Directors from the Executive Director
The calendar now says June, but the weather isn’t behaving! Here is hoping the sun will shine for us in June as we have the KISS Concert on Saturday, June 17 and our annual On the Field at Fenway Park on Friday, June 30. Please see below for more information.
Gala – we are pleased the event hit our target goal of $160,000 net as well as achieving a strong fundraising expense – coming in well under the budget – at 26% – most gala events run between 32-35%. Thank you to all of you for supporting this event so strongly. We are looking forward to the 2nd Annual Founder’s Gala in 2018.
The Big Break Courtyard Pier 37 Golf Open – congratulations and thank you to Jay and Paula Miller, Jason and Jill McLaughlin & Jason and Kerry Bourne for hosting another success and fun event at the TGC at Sacconnesset on June 22nd. The event raised over $75,000 to support our programs!
KISS Concert – many of you have purchased tickets over the years. The KISS Concert will be held on Saturday, June 17. We have VIP ticket packages available. For a donation of $500, you will receive premium seating, a VIP BBQ wristband and VIP parking is also available. We have a limited number of tickets available. Please contact me for more information!
On The Field At Fenway – we have just a few spots left in our morning session and we would like to fill at least 50 spots for the afternoon session. It has been some time since we have had a sellout and we are aiming to have a strong year. Please reach out to Christine for more information about getting your tickets to the event. We are also looking for volunteers as well. The event is on Friday, June 30th and we hope to see you there.
Young Professional Leadership Group – we have started a leadership group of young professionals around Boston. Below is an overview of the Goals for the group.
- Goal of Young Professional Leadership Group: The Young Professional Leadership Group is a volunteer group of successful, socially conscious and motivated professionals in the Greater Boston area who are committed to supporting the mission of The Genesis Foundation for Children. The Young Professional Leadership Group will serve as a responsible social and fundraising entity with an appointed liaison to the Board and will also establish themselves as Genesis Foundation ambassadors through corporate and social networking and volunteerism.
- Possible ways to achieve these goals:
- Host own fundraising events
- Peer to peer fundraising
- Volunteering at events
- Grassroots marketing
- Social media
- Benefits of Involvement:
- Making a difference in the lives of children with disabilities in Greater Boston
- Gaining leadership skills
- Preferential volunteer placements: On the Field at Fenway, Holiday Party, Global Golf
- Young professional pricing at all events
- Networking opportunities; Possible meet and greet with Genesis Foundation Board of Directors
Please Save the Date for a Summer Mixer with the YPL Group on Wednesday, July 19th at the Boston Harbor Hotel. This will be a great opportunity to meet the group and network. We will discuss the YPL Group during the upcoming board meeting.